Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 18, 1958

Photo by: Vinson Mouser




We build together, God and I,
He is the Architect ;
I try to follow His design, 
No part of it neglect.
He teaches me to build on Rock,
The Rock of Ages True;
He keeps me by His love Divine,
Purer than morning dew.

The building which we build, you know,
Unseen by eyes of men;
Is the immortal soul which is,
Destined to have no end.
God does His part so perfectly,
And if I really try;
The soul shall be so beautiful,
And never, never die.

The building materials are,
More precious that pure gold;
For love, truth, grace and purity,
Are things which build the soul.
We build together, God and I,
And what a blessed thought;
To build according to God's will,
Behold what God has wrought. 
~ J. J. Davis ~

No comments:

Post a Comment