Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 20, 1958

Photo by: Lucrecia Mouser
I'm thankful just to be alive,
To have so many friends;
I'm thankful for salvation's plan,
To save me from my sins.
I'm thankful for America,
The good old U.S.A.;
I'm thankful for my mother,
Who taught me how to pray.

The winding rivers, lovely lakes,
The mountains reaching high;
The spruce and cypress and the pine,
The stars up in the sky;
The cattle on the thousand hills,
The birds which sail the blue;
Are things for which we should give thanks,
Unto our God so true.

Our sons and daughters, bless them all,
Our God gave them to us;
How thankful we should be to Him,
And make His will a must.
In all things let us grateful be,
And never once complain;
A cheerful spirit doeth good,
And never causeth pain.
~J. J. Davis~

No comments:

Post a Comment