Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Good Works - January 22, 1956



“Show me thy faith, without thy works, “
Declared one long ago;
“And by my works,” my good, good friend,
My faith to thee I’ll show.
“Go thou thy way, be warmed and filled,”
Are words so sweet to hear;
If food and clothing are bestowed,
Upon the needy dear.

But worthless are these words, my friend,
If no works bestow;
No wonder said the man of God,
My faith, by works I’ll show.
A priest went marching, marching by,
He saw a man in need;
But simply passed quietly by,
His soul was full of greed.

A good Samaritan passed by,
His heart was good and kind;
He stopped and gave first aid my dear,
He poured the oil and wine.
And furthermore he took the man,
Unto a nearby inn;
United must be faith and works,
If God’s favor we’d win.
~ J. J. Davis ~

No comments:

Post a Comment