Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

January 4, 1956

Photo by: Vinson Mouser
Some build upon the sand while here,
And some upon the Rock;
The Rock of Ages which shall stand,
Endure the stormy knocks.
But those who build upon the sand,
Shall fall, and great shall be;
The tragedy of lost, lost souls,
For all eternity.

Why should we build upon the sand,
And fail to stand the test;
Since we may hear and do His words,
And in Him find sweet rest?
 His every word is like a gem,
Of untold worth my dear;
And when we hear and do His will,
Our souls are free from fear.

The storms and floods shall come to all,
Regardless where we build;
But as for me, my choice is made,
To do my Master's will;
And when the storms and floods are o're,
And low shall be the sun;
I know my Master then shall say:
"My child, my child, well done."
~ J. J. Davis ~

No comments:

Post a Comment