Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3, 1956

Photo by: Vinson Mouser
Which shall it be the rule of gold,
Or golden rule, my dear?
The one shall bring joy to the soul,
The other bitter tears.
The golden rule shall always work,
It never once has failed;
But all the prowl ships ruled by gold,
Encounter stormy gales.

My prayer, my aim, my cherished goal,
Is for the golden rule;
To always dominate my life,
In God's eternal school.
I want to love, for O, how much,
Love blesseth me my dear;
And let me always sunshine spread,
And never cause a tear.

I want to be so kind to all,
That kindness I may reap;
The rule of gold may please the goats,
But golden rule the sheep.
Which shall it be the rule of gold.
Or golden rule, my dear?
Come now, what shall our record be,
This brand new coming year?
~ J. J. Davis ~

No comments:

Post a Comment