Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I want to... - January 29, 1956

I want so much to walk with Him,
His fellowship enjoy;
To feel His presence ever near,
My all for Him employ.
I want to feel His blessed touch,
And humble always be;
I want to love and glorify,
The Christ of Galilee.

I want to always use my pen.
To magnify the good;
To help, perchance in some small way,
To build a brotherhood.
I want to think the lovely thoughts,
To help me to be strong;
I want to build good character,
And always shun the wrong.
I want to show myself a friend,
Be kind to everyone;
I want to live each day while here,
That when life's course is run;
The angels may my soul return,
Back to my Maker, dear;
And there I want to dwell with Him,
Where never comes a tear.
~ J. J. Davis ~

No comments:

Post a Comment